The Sustainable Endowments Institute (SEI), a special project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, seeks a highly motivated individual for a 4-day per week Operations and Finance Manager. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, responsive, and will have experience with nonprofit accounting and invoicing. Previous experience working in the nonprofit industry required, experience in the environmental/sustainability sector strongly preferred.
The Operations and Finance Manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, maintaining, and tracking all financial processing, invoices, and payment requests for the Institute across all its programs,
- Reconciling monthly activity, including year-end reports and regular project-specific allocations,
- Oversee and manage annual budget and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director,
- Monitor financial progress and inform senior leadership team of any new or relevant information,
- Database management, organization, and research,
- Contribute to short- and long-term organizational planning and strategy,
- Coordinate scheduling of pertinent SEI operations,
- Draft regular reports to Associate Director and Executive Director, and
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation for all Institute activities.
- Minimum 2 years bookkeeping experience required; experience with nonprofit finances/financial management preferred,
- 3-5 years nonprofit experience required,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to share insightful and exciting information to garner support among a diverse group of stakeholders, including partners, funders, and internal staff,
- Highly organized,
- Demonstrated thoroughness in past projects and work,
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently; self-motivated and able to multi-task effectively,
- Commitment to nonprofit industry and the goals of the environmental sector.
The ideal candidate would be available to work on site an average 28-30 hours per week, with the opportunity to expand to full time after six months based on job performance and funding availability.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Operations and Finance Manager.” In the cover letter, please address the following topics:
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why are you interested in working for the Sustainable Endowments Institute?
- What experiences—work-related or otherwise—have you had with the nonprofit sector and specifically environmental/sustainability-focused organizations?
- What set of skills have you developed working with other nonprofits or related work in the environment sector?
- What are you hoping to gain from a position at SEI?
Please include your last name in your resume and cover letter file(s). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls, please.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. The ideal candidate would be able to start on or after Sept. 22, 2016.